Payment Protection Insurance, or better known as PPI, is a type of insurance cover that can be extremely useful, especially if you have recently lost a job or if you are deep in debt. A PPI coverage is commonly offered by money lenders or banks to clients during the time of mortgage or loan. However, money lenders and banks usually employ strategies in order to pressure their clients into signing specific PPI forms. If you find yourself in a situation like this, your PPI can be mis-sold and you can lose a lot of your money. Once that happens, your best course of action is to file a PPI claim in order to mend the situation.
When it comes to filing ppi claims, you can do it on your own or with the help of a PPI company. This article will focus on the differences between the two, their advantages and disadvantages.
Hire A PPI Company
- These companies are staffed by experienced claim handlers who know how the PPI environment works.
- With their help, the PPI claim process is largely automated, which takes away the pressure from you, thus allowing you to focus on your other matters
- A PPI company will provide an organized application, which will aid your PPI claim process. Keep in mind that this process is rather complex and that it requires plenty of knowledge and experience.
- A PPI claim company will regularly update you on the progress of your claim and notify you of any changes.
- It will cost you.
Make A Claim On Your Own
- No Additional Fees
- You will have to keep track of all the updates on your own.
- You can hinder the PPI process due to the lack of knowledge in the field of PPI claims.
As you can see, the disadvantages of making a PPI claim on your own overshadow the single benefit. It is a fact that ordinary citizens are somewhat inexperienced when it comes to claiming their PPI, and banks usually take advantage of that so as to make the claim submission much easier. However, banks also have a tendency to slow down the process, by rejecting the complaints that are later upheld.
A Justified Fee
From all of this, we can conclude that the main disadvantage of hiring a PPI company is the fact that you will have a price to pay upon completion. However, keep in mind that this fee is usually justified, given how much effort and time it takes to handle these complaints.
Possible But Difficult
While it is no secret that there are people who have succeeded in claiming their PPI without the help of experts, it is also not a secret that it took them way more time to achieve a payout. This is mainly due to two main reasons:
- They cannot spare enough time in order to complete the claim.
- They do not know how to proceed once their reasonable claim is rejected.
In the end, there will always be advantages and disadvantages of making a PPI claim on your own or with the help of a PPI company. In order to make the best possible decision, make sure to base it on your personal circumstances and needs.